ABOUT TRAUMA CARE INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION
Research has shown that the outcomes of emergencies and accidents are usually better when there is a skilled person on site to respond appropriately to the situation. In the event of a medical emergency, a person knowledgeable in first aid becomes more than a bystander; they become an invaluable support not only to victims, but also to emergency responders' and medical practitioners....
Despite the fact that there are medical centers, many people have lost their lives due to dearth of information on how to administer first aid once an accident occurs.
Since inception, Trauma Care International Foundation has been focused on our mission to improve the health status and life expectancy of local communities, nations and regions by promoting improved trauma care and emergency response services.
This we have achieved through health education, advocacy and community based programs while systematically positioning ourselves to provide support for national policies on trauma care.
Executing over a thousand First aid, safety and Emergency Response trainings educating tens of thousands of School pupils, Law enforcement officers, Teachers, Caregivers and road transport workers. These trainings comprised of specialized lectures and practical demonstrations designed to further enhance the quality of emergency response provided.More about us
TRAUMA CARE INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION
- To significantly reduce delays in patient evacuation, transport and institution of care for trauma cases.
- To reduce the morbidity and disability rate related to accidents and injuries.
- To educate the populace on the appropriate responses to first aid issues.
- To improve on and increase the pool of medical and paramedical personnel skilled in the management of trauma cases.
- To reduce the number of potential life years lost due to injuries and disability.
- To provide free medical services for the poor.
- To support in the development of national policies, programs and planning for a regional trauma network systems.
- To support in the development of a standard care algorithm that ensures provision of immediate and total care to trauma victims, especially those with severe and multiple injuries within a trauma network made up of trauma centers and a pre-hospital emergency care system.
- To support Government authorities in the establishment of a trauma audit network system at the national, state and local government levels.
- Promotion of awareness campaigns and advocacy on trauma network system.