1. The gift of blood for transfusion is one of the most precious gifts anyone can give to help humanity.
2. Voluntary blood donors are superheroes and lifesavers!
3. Daily, thousands of people around the world depend on receiving donated blood and blood products to stay alive.
4. One single pint of blood donated can save up to 4 lives when divided into its component parts.
5. When you choose to sign up as a donor, you get access to free medical check-up.
6. Blood donation is one of the highest forms of volunteering.
7. When you donate blood, you encourage your body to produce new red blood cells.
8. Blood donation helps the donor to maintain optimum blood iron levels.
9. Red blood cells, platelets, plasma and white blood cells can all be derived from blood donation, each of which can be used to save lives.
10. Donating blood doesn’t cost any money.
11. Blood donation can help to keep cancer patients alive.
12. Regular blood donation contributes to ensuring you live a longer and healthier life.
13. Your gift of blood will keep a child, a parent, a sibling, a friend, alive for one more day.
14. There is no known substitute for blood and it cannot be replicated due to its complexity. Only real blood will do.
15. Blood is in short supply: 75% of the world’s population are potential recipients, less than 1.2% are donors.
16. The process is safe and quick, and sterile, disposable equipment are used for each donor so there is no risk of infection.
17. You can be done with blood donation in about 20 minutes from registration to actual donation.
18. You won’t miss the volume of blood donated, which is about 500ml; this is equal to the volume of one bottle of Coca-Cola.
19. You get to relax after the donation so that you can recover adequately.
20. Your blood type might be rare and thus quite valuable, for example O Negative blood.