The kitchen is the place where a fire is most likely to occur. It is where the oven, the microwave, gas cookers and electric cookers are found and if these are in use and left unattended, a fire could result.
Here are a few tips on how to prevent fire in the kitchen.
· Always pay attention to what’s cooking. There is a tendency to forget that there is something on the fire, do not leave the kitchen. If you must, the stove should be turned off.
· Do not leave the house while cooking.
· Kids who are not of age should not be around the cooking area.
· Keep flammable materials away from the stove.
· There is every tendency for grease to build up on cooking surfaces. This can serve as fuel for fires, so always keep cooking surfaces clean.
· Always remember to check the kitchen before going to bed. Check to see if the oven, stove, microwave or gas is still on.
· Always have a fire extinguisher in your home, most especially, in the kitchen.