Voluntary Blood Donation Campaign
SAFE BLOOD, SAVE LIVES.
It is important to know that human blood cannot be manufactured. People are the sole source, which is why blood donation is so critical in saving lives. It is also important to know that donating blood has unexpected health benefits for the donors, in addition to the lives you’re saving.
Read 7 AMAZING BENEFITS OF DONATING BLOOD to learn more:
1. DONATING BLOOD LOWERS HARMFUL IRON STORES AND CAN REDUCE THE RISK OF DEVELOPING CANCER
• When you donate blood, it lowers the iron level in your body and balances your iron level.
• When your iron level lowers, it allows your body to replenish it with fresh blood.
• The frequency of blood donation reduces the risk of developing cancer.
2. DONATING BLOOD LOWERS THE RISK OF A HEART ATTACK AND LIVER DISEASE
• Giving blood lowers your blood pressure and helps to minimize cardiovascular risk factors, lowering your risk of a heart attack.
• Donating blood at least once a year could reduce the risk of a heart attack by 88 percent, according to a study conducted by the American Journal of Epidemiology
• When a person has an iron overload, the excess iron is stored predominantly in the heart and liver, causing significant damage to these organs; however, frequent blood donation helps to balance these organs.
• Donating blood can help relieve some iron deposits and prevent liver problems.
3. DONATING BLOOD CAN REVEAL POTENTIAL HEALTH PROBLEMS
• Monitoring your blood quality regularly could help you detect a health problem before it becomes life-threatening.
• Another approach to keep an eye on your cardiovascular health is to donate blood frequently.
• Whenever you donate blood, you’ll get a mini-physical in which your pulse, blood pressure, body temperature, hemoglobin, and other vital signs will be checked.
4. DONATING BLOOD CAN HELP YOUR MENTAL STATE BY:
• Reducing feelings of solitude and helping to eliminate negative feelings by knowing that someone (or numerous people) will benefit from your assistance.
• Strengthening your emotional well-being, physical health, and sense of belonging.
• Volunteering reduces the risk of depression in persons over the age of 65.
5. THE JOY OF SAVING HUMAN LIVES!
• You know you’re making a difference when you roll up your sleeve and lay on that bed, and that makes you feel good!
• Giving freely has a great impact on your happiness.
• When you donate blood, you have the chance to save several lives.
• Doing good for others is one way to live a longer life.
6. GIVING BLOOD BURNS CALORIES
• Each pint of blood donated can burn up to 650 calories
• This can help you with body weight management
• Donating blood lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease.
7. GIVING BLOOD INCREASES THE PRODUCTION OF NEW BLOOD CELLS
• Within 30 to 60 days, new blood cells are created, and all lost red blood cells are replaced. Donating blood, therefore, aids in the preservation of essential health benefits.
• Donating blood makes your blood thinner, which reduces friction in your veins and blood arteries.
• With the support of bone marrow, your body’s system goes to operate within 48 hours of donating blood. It also lowers blood total cholesterol levels.
This publication is a part of TRAUMA CARE INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION (TCIF) advocacy briefs under the SAFE BLOOD, SAVE LIVES series.
For more information about our Voluntary Blood Donation Initiative (VBDI),
Call: 0808 678 3416 or 0808 584 9338
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org